May 21, 2012

Inspiration Candle Holder

I was inspired this Mother's day to make something special for the ones I love by a gift I received from my daughters teacher. 
 It was a beautiful candle holder out of a mason jar.



Supplies

Clear plain mason jars - (Walmart 12 dozen for around $6.00)
Painter pins - (Walmart for $1.98)
Jewels for bling
Rope twine - (that can be purchase at a craft or fabric store)
Sand or rocks (Walmart in candle section non-flammable only)
single candles
Glue gun for assembling

Before starting I rinsed and wiped down each mason jar.



With glue gun very carefully wrap rope around the rim of the jar until you run out of space.



Once done set aside so you can work on the flower part.
Below are pictures on how to assemble a flower with the rope by looping it together and using the glue gun each time to keep it in place.  Be sure to not to press hard to avoid burning your fingers.






Once glued together, place a rhinestone jewel in middle.
Now attach to the top of the jar with a little glue.

The next part was a little tricky. 
Due to the fact that you are writing on the glass and the paint is wet.
Hold jar by the bottom or top of the rim for best results and go in a circular motion when writing. 
It's okay if you smug the letters because they can be wiped off if you act fast.
As soon as the paint is dry add sand or rock and place candle in middle. 




If you are wondering what is written on the jars. 
It was a special verse that was written for my sisters by me.

Sister,
You are a kind, compassionate, loving, wife, mother, friend and teacher.
Who is blessed by her gifts of mercy, grace and love.
You are a victorious, Proverbs 31 women with a heart of gold.  -RC




2 comments:

Betsy @ Romance on a Dime said...

I love it!! Very lovely. It's something I'm sure your sisters will treasure. Nice job.

I'm so glad you linked up at Romance on a Dime this week. I hope to see you next Tuesday. I'm your newest follower!

Unknown said...

Brilliant idea! I think I am going to try something similar with vinyl on the jar. Thanks so much for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday :)

Post a Comment