February 15, 2012

"Queen of Hearts" Valentines Goodies

This Valentines day my wheels were turning with what I could make for my daughter's class without breaking the bank and it had to be easy.  I came up with these adorable  
 "Queen of Hearts" goodie wands.


All you need is ding dongs, marshallow hearts, gummy hearts, icing hearts, sprinkles, melting chocolate, and candy sticks.


I always like to make things easy by having all items unwrapped and ready to go.  Start by melting chocolate in a sauce pan or microwave.  The chocolate is the glue for this project.  As you can see above push heart marshallow half way down and add chocolate on top.  Next step is to add the ding dong and gummy heart.  Which you can see below, now time to add a little chocolate to glue the sugar hearts and the sprinkles that are on the marshallow hearts.


Wait until they dry before packaging in cello bags and ribbon.  I made about 24 within 30 minutes and I loved the outcome in the end.


The next project on the list was candy cup treats for my co-workers.  I was short on time and know I had items around the house that could be turned into a sweet treat for valentines day.



I had purchased bags of valentines candy before hand and needed a container to put them in.  I happen to have these clear cups with lids on hand.  I decided to make a candy cup stack with ribbon for extra cuteness.  I used heart stickers to keep the ribbon in place on top and bottom.  Just to let you know you can purchase these containers at walmart around $2.00 or $3.00 bucks.


Check out these cute bags that I bought to put granola and coconut for my daughters class party.



And to my surprise I received these yummy treats from one of the sweet & simple sisters themselves.  My sister blessed me & my family with cookies dipped in chocolate, cake balls, brownies and more chocolate all homemade.


0 comments:

Post a Comment